Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Winter Infinity Scarves


I love these infinity scarves and I had good luck during the summer selling the light cotton ones. I knew there would be a way to make a winter version, using my block-printed fabric from India, and I struggled trying to combine it with some silk/rayon velvet. That sort of velvet, I have now learned, is super slippery and almost impossible to sew with! I will hopefully still find a way but, in the meantime, I found this wonderful sage green cotton velvet in my bottomless supply of previously-purchased but unused fabrics. It's actually more cozy than the shiny silk/rayon variety and easier to care for. I bought it years ago to back pillows with. I have a few interesting velvets on hand. I buy them with good intentions and then the season changes before I get to the intended project! Listen, not enough hours in the day, days in the week, weeks in the month, etc. etc.! I'm sure you feel the same - especially this time of year!


This photo shows the single back seam and the top stitching running along the length. 

I'm making it my goal to use up all the velvet in the next few months. It should be easy because, I don't know what it is, but, to me, nothing says bohemian-style like an Indian block print with velvet!




No comments:

Post a Comment