Tuesday, January 8, 2019

The Yardwork Apron - Utility Apron Update!

Hello! It has been a while since I typed anything here but I wanted to introduce the official Yardwork Apron. My last post featured a very early version of my utility apron, which was a work in progress!

I have made many versions since then, but I am now selling what I consider to be the "official" version of what I am calling The Yardwork Apron. Sold exclusively in my etsy shop.

The Yardwork Apron comes with either a canvas weight linen or 8 oz. denim as the "base fabric". Right now, there are 8 different trim options - 4 for the denim and 4 for the linen. These options will change, of course, if the aprons keep selling and I can continue to make them. Let's have a look!


First, the linen versions - here it is with a lovely black and gold block print


another with a green batik block print - you can see all the pockets a little better here



The large fabric loop on the left side, right at the top and of one of the front pockets, holds that heavy pair of scissors! You can hardly feel the weight of the scissors when they are in the loop. Wonder what else that loop would hold.....

All of these trim fabrics are more beautiful up close and in person! Go to the shop to see a few more close-up photos! You can also click on these photos to see a larger version. 




As you can see here, the brass D-ring is for hanging a towel - or anything else that fits!
I invented that little tag having from the key clip - it has magnetic tape on it and is great for holding pins, nails, picture hanging hooks, etc. 

This apron does lots of jobs!


the denim version has a great boho vibe!


this copper-colored trim is more of a contrast. A really lively print!



love this red trim! beautiful bohemian!


Last but not least, the indigo batik trim. This one has been very popular!

I had one of each in the shop for Christmas sales, but will now be making them to order. Usually it only takes me a day or so, but please allow a full week because I have lots of other jobs going on! Some of the aprons are already made up and in stock, so if time is of the essence, just message me over at ETSY and I can tell you which ones are ready to ship or how much time I will need to make one especially for you!












No comments:

Post a Comment