Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Beautiful Bed for a Pet!

About a week or so ago I sold several yards of my indigo shweshwe fabric to a buyer who was having a bed made for her pet. I thought to myself "Wow, what a great idea!" Not only is the fabric beautiful to look at, it is a very durable cotton. Not quite as heavy as a canvas, denim or twill but thicker than a quilting cotton. It is the best of both worlds, being both soft and strong.

Well, today I received an email from Alisa Self, the pet bed maker herself, with a photo of the finished bed attached!  Alisa is the owner, maker, and designer for J'Adore custom pet beds at Etsy.com.

 

Isn't it nice? And it has been customized with the pet's name embroidered in bright red letters! The fabrics used are "Dot Canoe" and "Triangles", which is now sold out (sorry!). "Triangles" was a very popular print and I must reorder! But, for a similar contrast to "Dot Canoe", I recommend my personal favorite, "Propeller".

Thanks Alisa for sharing your work!

I'm sure Gussie will be a very happy customer!

No comments:

Post a Comment