Saturday, August 3, 2013

Back from Vacation?



I've been home from my trip to Texas since the evening of July 18th. I very much enjoyed the landscape, my family, and dining under sprawling trees like the one in the photo above. After a week, however, I was missing my own home and work. 

Unfortunately, getting back into the swing of things has been hard because, like any person who is self-employed, knowing where to put my energy first is rarely clear or automatic. Besides the never-ending  daily duties required to keep life going, I have three competing areas of work right now that I need to juggle and put equal attention to: greeting cards (Christmas in July!), my etsy shop, and working my way (hopefully) back into some freelance work within the NYC textile industry. I find myself overwhelmed, scattered, and unable to give any one project the undivided attention I would like to give it. This makes it almost impossible to imagine taking the time to refuel the tank of self-motivation with  visual inspiration from the outside world! Therefore, I consider myself lucky that my vacation was closely followed (and extended!) by a visit from a vacationing, museum-loving friend!

So, stay tuned, I will be back soon to tell you about two seemingly unrelated shows at the Brooklyn Museum of Art that are giving me the strength to move forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment