Thursday, December 27, 2012

Art on the Walls

My sister loves pattern as much, if not more, than I do! She also lives in the type of house that looks its best with a lot of very elaborate wallpaper. Our styles and budgets are different so it has been fun to spend time surrounded by her decorative point of view. It was also emotionally rewarding to see my late husband's artwork beautifully framed and prominently displayed. My husband, Robert Kaufman,  was a very prolific illustrator and I encouraged family and friends to take artwork for themselves. Many were hesitant to do that and my sister felt guilty and greedy taking several pieces. But I am so much happier to see his work given individual treatment rather than sitting in storage. I'm sure this is what he would want too.

And dig this crazy wallpaper!



No comments:

Post a Comment