Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Yardwork Clear Decor Stamps

The stamp sets I sell in my etsy shop are designed to create repeating patterns. Each set has a particular look or theme and the included stamps are sized to work together. You can choose to use just one motif and repeat it across your fabric (or paper!), or you can use two or more together. Most of the sets include one larger stamp that if repeated edge to edge, both up and down, will create a base for the pattern. The tightly repeated large stamp leaves empty spaces to fill in with other motifs from the set. Or, you could choose a smaller motif and repeat it side by side, or at larger measured intervals across your chosen surface. For instance, every 2 inches or every 4 inches. The possibilities are endless as you experiment with spacing, color, and different combinations of motifs. These possibilities expand further the more sets you have because many work well together.

Marlene's Garden Stamps
Modern Flowers Stamps

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a friend of Laura Vail's and she sent me your blog. It is very cool. I am doing digital textile design and would love to learn a cheaper way to create pattern. I look forward to trying out your techniques! Thanks so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lillis! Welcome to my blog! Great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete