Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dog Days

A little behind on my posts, I'm sorry to say. Although there is no schedule, I would have liked to say (show) something sooner than this. But I have this challenge in my life and it's name is Frankie. She is my sweet, cute, and sometimes hysterically funny dog (pictured below). It is a good thing she has those nice  qualities going for her because she also has some very bad manners. My vet says it's because she's a teenager. She's nine months old. I did not know the teen "years" came so soon. She is also a (mostly) Boston Terrier mix which is a very high energy dog. Strange, when I was researching what kind of dog to get, the internet told me Boston Terriers were good apartment dogs (you've seen my yard). The internet experts also said they are "good with the elderly" and I took that to mean calm or easy to train. Puzzled by this, now that I know my dog, a friend suggested that "good with the elderly" meant fun to watch. Ok, well, she is that! Problem is, I have more things to do than watch my dog all day. So, this week has been full of looking for dog trainers, dog training classes, dog daycare, dog walkers, you name it. The days have turned into dog week. BUT, coming soon: several projects using 5" x 5" quilting squares! There are so many things you can do with them!



1 comment:

  1. Aw, that's such a sweet face! Perhaps 'apartment dog' means that he's a bit like a miniature Schnauzer - I was told that they don't need a lot of exercise. It might be true that they don't need it, but they do seem to like it.

    ReplyDelete